A world newly shattered by the Traitors, hoping to starve the Loyalists of much needed materiel supply.
Type Large iron/silicate
Mass 7.12 x 1123 kg
Density 4.38 g/cm3
Composition 34.3% oxygen, 29.1% iron, 27.8% silicon, 3.3% sodium, 2.7% other metals, 2.8% other elements
Gravity 9.72 m/s2
Escape Velocity 13.54 km/s
Rotation Period 19.54 hours
Axis Tilt 13.2 °
Type Thin toxic
Pressure 98 kPa
Composition 80.0% sulfur dioxide, 20.0% oxygen, trace other gases
- First came days of darkness
- Then came nights of flame
- They knew their world was ending
- They wept in fear and shame
- '-fragment, Gollochian Annals
This planet took part in the 2017 Global Heresy, The Second Golloch War, be sure to check out the SECOND GOLLOCH WAR Facebook page for links to the latest audio companion, scenarios, challenges and battle reports!
Prelude to the Death of Paterswold
The foundation of the planet known locally as Paterswold is lost to the aeons of time, what is known of the world now only found in fragmentary data mined on Terra or other far flung Administratum data-worlds.
Paterswold was the keystone world during the conquest of the Golloch Cluster during the First Golloch War. All compliance materiel and troops passed through or by the world on their way to the many fronts of the conflict, picking up orders and supply, as well as acquiescing to quarantine examination.
Paterswold swelled even larger during the thirty years of the compliance, the tertiary grade hives were hugely expanded both in internal engineering at the behest of the Mechanicum and the hab and commerc domes which spread around them and along the main inter hive transport lines like bacterium in a petri dish. New cities and towns were founded, massive underground bunker networks and provenance stores tunnelled out of the bedrock of the world.
At the end of the Golloch Cluster's full compliance, over twenty Imperial Army, and three Solar Auxilia regiments were settled on Paterswold. The Golloch Cluster would be well defended by generations of warriors sworn to the Emperor of Mankind.
The Outbreak of the Heresy
Horus' great betrayal hit the rulers of Paterswold simultaneously with the news that a group of twenty industrialised worlds in the cluster's galactic north had sworn for the Warmaster and were at war with mankind. A large portion of the Gollochian Fleet lay at anchor above Paterswold and they were swiftly given orders to sail, plunging into the warp heading to reinforce strategically important systems and try to cut the traitors off from the rest of the cluster. Within a few months the entire cluster was in a state of war.
Five months after the news of the Betrayal, a traitor fleet entered the system. They stopped only at Paterswold to invade and batter the orbital stations into tumbling scrap and lay waste to every centre of industry on the planet below. A month of constant bombardment slew the world, and the traitor's fleet broke up, small battlegroups and raider formations heading off throughout the cluster to consolidate what had already been handed to them, and hunt the last of the Loyalists at large.
The Second Golloch War
On Terra the War council swiftly sent orders to Loyalist commands they could trust, and a battlegroup was formed. Most of this fleet were newly back from the far Galactic reaches, or had just finished or swiftly disengaged from other compliances. The plan was to rendezvous at Pater's World which was known to be Loyal, and resupply from the vast quantity of fuel and materiel stockpiled there during the Crusade.
This was not to be however, for when they arrived they found a shattered world, tumbling orbital infrastructure and a smoke and chem choked planet dotted with burning hives.
Knowing that the Loyalists would stop to resupply at Pater's World, the Traitors decided upon a scorched earth policy and also inserted stay behind units and poison pills, warbands of reavers sent to create even more havoc on the already dying world, and units who would ambush and disrupt Loyalist scavenging parties sent down to the planet.
|The Second Golloch War|
Prelude to War
The Golloch Cluster is a nebulous region of space containing thousands of ..→
|Battle Name||Date||Planet||Battle Outcome||Battle Summary|
|The Second Golloch War~The Death of Paterswold||088.009.M31||Paters World||Loyalist||
February - Eye of Horus
Horus' great betrayal hit the rulers of Paterswold simultaneously with the news that a group of twenty industrialised worlds in the cluster's galactic north had sworn ..→
- L-IV-6877, L-XVII-5020 defeated L-XVI-5361, Mark Makis' Blood Angels a Traitor gain.
- Nick Cadman's Thousand Sons defeated L-XII-0080 a Loyalist gain.
- L-I-6867 defeated Jacob Carswell's Nightlords a Loyalist gain.
- Nick Cadman's Thousand Sons defeated CJ's Custodes a Traitor gain.
- Mark Makis' Blood Angels defeated L-XVII-5020 a Loyalist gain.
- Nick Cadman's Thousand Sons defeated L-XIV-0023 a Loyalist gain.
- L-I-6867 defeated L-XIV-5162 a Loyalist gain.
- L-I-6867 defeated CJ's Custodes a Traitor gain.
- Grant's Mechanicum defeated Jacob's Nightlords a Loyalist gain.
- Mechanicum defeated L-XII-0080 a Loyalist gain.
- L-XIV-0023 fought CJ's Custodes resulting in a standoff.
- L-XVI-5361 fought L-XII-0080 resulting in a standoff.
- L-XVIII-2827 defeated Night Lords a Loyalist gain.
- L-XVIII-2827 defeated Night Lords a Loyalist gain.
- L-III-0644 defeated I-ARMY-0032 a Traitor gain.
- Raven Guard defeated L-III-5010 a Loyalist gain.
- L-XII-6238 defeated L-VII-5110 a Traitor gain.
- L-XII-0139 defeated L-XIII-6989 a Traitor gain.
- L-VII-7184 defeated L-IV-3529 a Loyalist gain.
- L-VII-7184 defeated L-XIV-3076 a Loyalist gain.