The Second Golloch War~The Death of Paterswold
- 1 Battle Details
- 2 Forces:
- 3 The Death of Paterswold Campaign
This phase of the campaign has now been completed
Welcome to the first month of the SECOND GOLLOCH WAR! This month represents the first major engagement between the Loyalists and Traitors, the Loyalists on the back foot as they arrive expecting sanctuary and resupply, but are thrown into the fires of ungodly war!
Be sure to check out the SECOND GOLLOCH WAR Facebook page for links to the latest audio companion, scenarios, challenges and battle reports!
Loyalists Involved In The Conflict
Traitors Involved In The Conflict
The Death of Paterswold Campaign
February - Eye of Horus
Horus' great betrayal hit the rulers of Paterswold simultaneously with the news that a group of twenty industrialised worlds in the cluster's galactic north had sworn for the Warmaster and were at war with mankind. A large portion of the Gollochian Fleet lay at anchor above Paterswold and they were swiftly given orders to sail, plunging into the warp heading to reinforce strategically important systems and try to cut the traitors off from the rest of the cluster. Within a few months the entire cluster was in a state of war.
Five months after the news of the Betrayal, a traitor fleet entered the system. They stopped only at Paterswold to invade and batter the orbital stations into tumbling scrap and lay waste to every centre of industry on the planet below. A month of constant bombardment slew the world, and the traitor's fleet broke up, small battlegroups and raider formations heading off throughout the cluster to consolidate what had already been handed to them, and hunt the last of the Loyalists at large.
On Terra the War council swiftly sent orders to Loyalist commands they could trust, and a battlegroup was formed. Most of this fleet were newly back from the far Galactic reaches, or had just finished or swiftly disengaged from other compliances. The plan was to rendezvous at Pater's World which was known to be Loyal, and resupply from the vast quantity of fuel and materiel stockpiled there during the Crusade.
This was not to be however, for when they arrived they found a shattered world, tumbling orbital infrastructure and a smoke and chem choked planet dotted with burning hives.
Knowing that the Loyalists would stop to resupply at Pater's World, the Traitors decided upon a scorched earth policy and also inserted stay behind units and poison pills, warbands of reavers sent to create even more havoc on the already dying world, and units who would ambush and disrupt Loyalist scavenging parties sent down to the planet.
How Do I Take Part?
To take part in this campaign all you need to do is play one or more games of Warhammer 30k; Horus Heresy, and lodge a skirmish report on this site. You'll want to create an account too so you can track your victories and defeats in the campaign, as well as publish background for your army and Warlord!
You can lodge Skirmish Reports for your games here:
(Press the CREATE button to lodge a single Skirmish report, do not modify the name)
Although theoretically you can play any game, for those hobby fiends who want to get properly immersed, try organizing one or two of the following games with your friends:
1. 1500-2000 point games, limited only to Infantry, Walkers, and Speeders, and using the SHADOW WARS missions. This would represent small loyalist forces heading down to the planet to defend Mechanicum scavenger teams and work crews, forces being ambushed by the stay-behind traitor units, and the generally savage fighting which went on during the first month of the war.
2. Zone Mortalis games of 1000-1250 points using the rules from Book 1, and rolling for catastrophic damage at the start of each player turn. Every hive or industrial area has been heavily shelled or sundered with atomics and is either on fire, spewing radioactive particles, or collapsing.
Points of Interest System
On top of the previous missions being played out, the Loyalist and Traitors alike are seeking out further information about the Golloch Cluster. Being an administrative as well as commissariat hub, Paterswold has much information and many agents who can be extracted and worked for intelligence.
In games set during the Death of Paterswold, you may use the Points of Interest system!
Before each game roll a D3, and place that many 'Point of Interest' markers. These should be 25-40mm in size. Once a unit ends their movement phase within 1" of one of these markers, roll a D10 and consult the chart below.
- NPCs - Some points of interest aren't merely traps or information, some are living humans who have to be kept safe and extracted off world. These characters will join your party, they all have the 'Independent Character' rule and can join your units. These NPCs do not cost any points and can be used in the campaign until they are slain at which point they are removed from your army list.
- Explorers - Vigilators, Legion Recon, Militia Recon, Strategos - these units along with any unit equipped with an augery scanner may choose to roll 2D4 on this chart instead.
1 - Rad Phage
- Paterswold is a deadly place, rad squalls are everywhere and devastating to biology. The unit suffers -1 toughness for the rest of the game.
2 - Carnivore Attack!
- The unit is ambushed by wild predators; scalehounds, rad-wolves, hyperthylacines etc. Place D3 hound models (or anything else suitable) within 3" of the marker and they immediately assault the unit. Their stats are:
Xenos Hound Ws Bs S T W I A LD 4 1 4 4 1 4 2 6 Special Rules: Rage, Stubborn, Rending Attacks, 5+ armour
3 - Magos Biologis
- The unit has encounted a Magos Biologis, an expert on genetics and biology. He offers to help you in return for safe passage offworld, his stats are:
Magos Biologis Ws Bs S T W I A LD 3 4 4 4 1 3 2 8 Special Rules: Battlesmith Equipment: Medi Pack, Volkite Serpenta, 3+ armour
4 - Imperial Scout
- The unit has encounted an Imperial Scout, a frontiersman used to hairy situations. He'll join your force regardless of alignment, in return for food and a chance of escaping the world.
Imperial Scout Ws Bs S T W I A LD 3 4 3 3 2 3 2 8 Special Rules: Outflank, Sniper Equipment: Master Crafted Lasrifle, 5+ armour
5 - Gollochian Noble
- The unit has encountered a Gollochian Noble, when offered the promise of escaping offworld he agrees to help you. His family are dead and he is quite crazy.
Gollochian Noble Ws Bs S T W I A LD 4 3 3 3 1 4 1 9 Special Rules: Stubborn, Rage Equipment: Charnabal Sabre, any Master Crafted Pistol (as modelled), 4+ armour
6 - Remembrancer
- The unit encounters a quite Remembrancer who will follow you, when pressed he will give inspiring oratory against your enemies, inspiring whichever unit he is with to great acts of savagery against them.
Remembrancer Ws Bs S T W I A LD 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 7 Special Rules: Hatred Equipment: Laspistol
7 - Abandoned Cogitator!
- You have found a Cogitator containing information of interest about the Golloch Cluster which High Command is seeking. Immediately add +1 victory point to your game total. Note due to the Shadow War missions, this might not always help!
8 - Imperial Cartographer
- The unit has encountered an Imperial Cartographer trying to escape offworld. He will join with you and lead you safely to an extraction point, or to good ambush sites to smash your enemies from.
Imperial Cartographer Ws Bs S T W I A LD 3 4 3 3 1 3 1 8 Special Rules: Move Through Cover, Allows you to roll 2D4 instead of a D8 on the Points of Interest Table. Equipment: Volkite Charger, 6+ armour
Note: The idea of these NPCs is to add some special rules and flavour to your games. You should endeavour to name your NPC and build a cool model for them between games to impress your opponent and help immersion! Listen to the Eye of Horus Podcast for more information about the NPC Modelling and Painting competitition!